two 33" walk behind mowers

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought these real cheap as possible "flip" projects.

Any words of wisdom for me, are they dependable or are they problematic?

Thanks

Doc014.jpg013.jpg007.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got one of them up and running, rebuilt the carb and changed the fuel lines and filters.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
I tried to take a video of the machine doing it's job, hard to steer it with one hand while holding the camera with the other...LOL

mowerman05

Threads
Started with the craftsman version of that mower. Never any real problems, just parts were costly when needed.

Cfs

Threads
Started with the craftsman version of that mower. Never any real problems, just parts were costly when needed.

Willy, I was just given a model 34342 8.5 hp briggs recoild start looks just like yours. The guy who had it loved it...needed a Valve seat re-seated and a valves lapped and lashed. Runs good now. I am having a problem with shifting gears when the engine is running. Its like it looks into the gear it is on and will not let me shift to any other gear. Any ideas?

Thanks
Cfs

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
either the pull back lever pivot under the deck is seized or the clutch release adjustment is off, try adjusting the left side lower clutch release rod first.

Cfs

Threads
either the pull back lever pivot under the deck is seized or the clutch release adjustment is off, try adjusting the left side lower clutch release rod first.

Doc. I am not clear on what rod you are referring to. There are 2 rods/controls on the left handle one has links that are refered to as brake rods they connect to the Presence Control handle. The other has rods hooked to it that are called Transmission rods they are hooked to the handle called the Wheel Drive Control. Any additional information you can share is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chuck

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doc. I am not clear on what rod you are referring to. There are 2 rods/controls on the left handle one has links that are refered to as brake rods they connect to the Presence Control handle. The other has rods hooked to it that are called Transmission rods they are hooked to the handle called the Wheel Drive Control. Any additional information you can share is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chuck
all I can tell you is the lower handle adjustment for engagement can be very difficult to get just right......and when it is not right, machine will not disengage to change speed/direction