This is a first

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Doing my first job of 2017 tomorrow. I have a commercial account to mow n trim. I have never mowed grass in January before. Lol

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
I never mowed grass in January either, but I live in Jersey

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I mowed on December 27th 2015. Very odd mow.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mowed part of my lawn with a snow plow a week go and my financial manager (my bride of 50 years) charged me for doing it!
Supwidat????:laughing:

turbofiat124

Threads
I was going to mulch leaves this fall. I kept waiting for the rest of the leaves to fall.

Then it went from summer to winter in about a week in December. Not much rain this summer but ever since December it seems like it has rained everyday.

When it dries/warms up a bit probably in March I'll give my yard a good mulch before the grass starts growing.. My theory is the leaves well be well rotten and packed down and will be easier to mulch.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Although I do a through fall cleanup, there are always patches of leaves in the spring and I have to install the front mounted dethatcher to loosen the packed leaves to get them to pickup and into the collection system. I always do a walk around as rocks and stuff has been pushed onto the lawns from snow removal and pickup by hand the stuff that will cause damage to the collection blower and fan.

Teds

Threads
I don't see any way out of fall cleanup unfortunately, we've got significant leaves. One year I didn't and by spring they had clumped and smothered the grass in spots, it was a mess. Had to up my game because of that incident, on the principle that a healthy thick lawn requires less maintenance in the long term.