Stihl BG55 leaf blower

goosemasterkl

Threads
I'm working on a Stihl BG55 blower putting a new cylinder piston kit in it and I'm wanting to go ahead and put new crankshaft bearings and oil seals in it. My questions is are the crankshaft bearings pressed on the shaft? What's the best way to get them off? Does anyone have an IPL breakdown for this blower? I'd like something to view so I make sure to get it put back together alright. Please reply and thanks to anyone that does.

upupandaway

Threads
I'm working on a Stihl BG55 blower putting a new cylinder piston kit in it and I'm wanting to go ahead and put new crankshaft bearings and oil seals in it. My questions is are the crankshaft bearings pressed on the shaft? What's the best way to get them off? Does anyone have an IPL breakdown for this blower? I'd like something to view so I make sure to get it put back together alright. Please reply and thanks to anyone that does.

The bearings on my trimmer were not pressed on, they just slide on. They are not too bad to remove\replace. clean any dirt\oil off the outer shaft so I slides off. use some sandpaper on the outer shaft surface. Use needle nose pliers or something to hold the bearing sides and tap the shaft to slide them off. A small gear puller will do the same but it is overkill. replace the oil seals while u have it apart.