Torn between 3 Lawn Tractors

FLEA

Threads
My Cub LT1046 has bitten the dust and I want to replace her with a new Lawn tractor. I am torn between these 3 units:
  1. Husqvarna YTA24V48
  2. JOHN DEERE D140 - 22 HP
  3. HUSQVARNA YTA22V46
Any thoughts, comments or recommendations as weather these choices are suitable for a yard that is 1 acre in size? I am leaning towards the YTA24V48
Thanks for any input!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Out of the 3 listed I choose number 1. Very nice mower but it is not a lawn tractor.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
The two Husqvarnas and the JD transmissions are way different in construction. If I were to choose the variable speed concept I would choose the HUSQVARNA YTA22V46 for the 1 acre because of it having 2 blades as opposed to the other two tractors having 3 blades. I maintain both 2 and 3 blade tractors and the 2 blade is just much easier, plus there won't be enough time differential in cutting to notice. Another thought, it can be bought for $1,749.99.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just my .02, having had a 46" two blade. Long blades & balancing was critical. Even brand new it wasn't as smooth as I thought it should be, & I checked everything.

But that was just my experience.

FLEA

Threads
The only real differences I see between the 2 Husqvarna machine is:
1) Horse Power - Not a big deal for me
2)# of blades - Don't really care.
3)Fuel capacity: 2.5 vs 3 gal.
4)Speed: 5.5 vs 7.75 - I like the speed of the 48"
5) Blade Engagement (PTO) - This is where am at a cross roads.....the 46" has a manual PTO where as the 48" has an electric. My old Cub had an electric so I am used to it...are there advantages of one over the other?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Faster the better and I love electric PTO till you have to replace it. 8 years now on my PTO.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I'd go ahead and get the electric PTO.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Faster the better and I love electric PTO till you have to replace it. 8 years now on my PTO.

I have a zmaster with over 3000 hours on the original PTO . Have only replaced 1 clutch in 15 years of mowing . My most common problem witch electric PTO has been the wire breaking at the plug on the clutch. I have a couple extras laying in my shop just in case.

FLEA

Threads
Well...I think I will pull the trigger on the Husqvarna YTA24v28....Lowes has them for $1999.00 + 7% tax and MowersDirect.com has them for $2049 - NO TAX + Free Shipping. It's winter (70 on Ms. Gulf Coast), so I am going to hold off and see if we have any "SALES" in the next few months. Thanks for the input and I hope to be mowing on the new Husqvarna soon.

deminin

Threads
Well...I think I will pull the trigger on the Husqvarna YTA24v28....Lowes has them for $1999.00 + 7% tax and MowersDirect.com has them for $2049 - NO TAX + Free Shipping. It's winter (70 on Ms. Gulf Coast), so I am going to hold off and see if we have any "SALES" in the next few months. Thanks for the input and I hope to be mowing on the new Husqvarna soon.

This past August I bought a used YTH24V48 from a neighbor whose property is so chewed up that he couldn't really use it. It only had about 20 hours on it, and outside of needing a good cleaning, it was almost like new. I changed all the filters and oil, and "crossed my fingers". So far, I am impressed with this rider, and have had no problems. I keep about 1.5 acres mowed, and this thing does a great job...and quickly. I would recommend Husqvarna.