Torn between 3 Lawn Tractors

FLEA

Threads
This past August I bought a used YTH24V48 from a neighbor whose property is so chewed up that he couldn't really use it. It only had about 20 hours on it, and outside of needing a good cleaning, it was almost like new. I changed all the filters and oil, and "crossed my fingers". So far, I am impressed with this rider, and have had no problems. I keep about 1.5 acres mowed, and this thing does a great job...and quickly. I would recommend Husqvarna.

Great to hear, I know I have made a good choice.

FLEA

Threads
Well, I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought the Husqvarna YTA24V48. Lowes had a great financing option so I went and got it. But let me tell ya'll it didn't start out good!! I purchased the mower on-line and was just going to swing by on the way home and pick it up, which I did. The guy told me they only put a splash of fuel in them and that it probably didn't have enough to even crank. NO PROBLEM, he tried and sure enough it cranked for a second or 2 and he turned it off. They pushed the mower into my trailer and off I went for the 30 minute ride home. When I got home I filled her up with fresh fuel, check the oil level and cranked her up. It started right up BUT it would idel up and then idel down, it did this continuous. It then began to run Very rough like it was missing. SO....I've had the mower a total of 30 minutes and I had to close the ramp and bring this thing back to the store to exchange. The people at Lowes were awesome, they were very apologetic and made the exchange seamless and smooth. They filled the tank up with fuel and cranked her up in the parking lot and let me drive it around just to make sure everything was OK, and it was. They loaded the new mower up and I went inside to do some paper work. The service manager was there and took $50.00 off the price for my inconvienience, pretty nice!! Got the new mower home at 7:00PM and drover her off the trailer and I have to say, this thing is pretty sweet. I will probable cut the yard tomorrow. This this is really fast going forward and it turns on a dime...much better than the old CUB LT1046. Thanks for all of ya'lls input and I will keep you posted on how she is holding up.

Jack17

Threads
Nicely done. Congratulations. Now break her in properly and may the spirit of lawn mowers grant you a long lasting relationship with her! :thumbsup:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congratulations on a nice tractor.

Sometimes, if the ride home has a little bounce, plus the angle of loading and unloading can screw up those touchy carburetors.

FLEA

Threads
Nicely done. Congratulations. Now break her in properly and may the spirit of lawn mowers grant you a long lasting relationship with her! :thumbsup:

Break in? I saw nothing in any of the manuals about a break in and how this is to be performed. Also...this thing is very fast, will it cut well going full speed ahead?

deminin

Threads
Break in? I saw nothing in any of the manuals about a break in and how this is to be performed. Also...this thing is very fast, will it cut well going full speed ahead?

As with any new mower/engine, it is advisable to take it easy for the first couple of hours. Make sure the oil is full, and that all the grease fittings are well lubricated. You will want to run this mower at full throttle, and it would probably be a good idea to stop and check the oil level every hour, or so, during the first few hours....to make sure there are no leaks, etc. On a new mower/engine, I always like to run the original oil for perhaps 10 hours, then change the oil and filter, and then it is usually good to go for normal maintenance.

I now have about 50 hours on my Husqvarna, and I can run it a full speed and it cuts just fine even going as fast as I can....but, I generally run it about 1/2 speed as the yard has some dips, etc., and at full speed this thing will almost toss me out of the seat, if I'm not careful.

Jack17

Threads

Arguably...there are two schools of breaking things in...and I'm not going to tell you anything else about it cause...it's a secret! You need to figure it out on your own. :cool: