Repairs PARTS SEARCH >> EATON 751 Hydro-drive

Rob47

Threads
My Ferris Pro Cut 61 with Eaton series 751 hydrostatic >>> works but makes noise in forward, not reverse. It also struggles going up gradual grades.
My next move was to get internal pump parts in hopes of repairing a loss of pressure. After contacting Eaton I find that they quit supplying parts back in 2011. They gave their dealers a chance to buy out their inventory, that deal did not happen.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<SO >>>>>>>>>>>>
I am now asking the world wide web if someone did choose to buy up parts for that relic hydro unit. And if they are wanting to sell some of them.
Do let me know. I may be interested if pricing is sensible.
Thanks. Please send a private message to my e-mail as I visit it more often than the forum.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hydro drive (5).jpg
    Hydro drive (5).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Hydro drive (11).jpg
    Hydro drive (11).jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Hydro drive (12).jpg
    Hydro drive (12).jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 53

eddychecker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you solved your problem? If not, have you tried valve lapping compound between the pump gear and the plate and the pump gear and the output? Looking at your pictures, it looks like there are tiny gouges on each of those surfaces. Oil will leak past them and not drive the unit.

Rob47

Threads
I am not sure exactly where you are seeing the tiny gouges. Can you save one of my photos and draw an arrow to the area you see where there is a problem.
I have since put the unit back together and into the mower - I used it last week on an acre property. The noise is still the same going forward and not in reverse. It does drive the mower OK but I don't know what is expected from it in the way of speed as it would bought used. It has not seen any steep hills yet either.
Thanks for writing back.
I have also posted other remarks on this site;
[h=2]Ferris H2222K Hydro trans.[/h]

eddychecker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am not sure exactly where you are seeing the tiny gouges. Can you save one of my photos and draw an arrow to the area you see where there is a problem.
I have since put the unit back together and into the mower - I used it last week on an acre property. The noise is still the same going forward and not in reverse. It does drive the mower OK but I don't know what is expected from it in the way of speed as it would bought used. It has not seen any steep hills yet either.
Thanks for writing back.
I have also posted other remarks on this site;
[h=2]Ferris H2222K Hydro trans.[/h]

I zoomed in on picture and put arrows where it looks like there are tiny gouges. If it's not perfectly smooth, oil pressure will leak and you'll have a loss of power. These machines whine, at least both of mine do. If it's just the noise you're worried about, don't. Here's the picture:
arrow.png

Rob47

Threads
I zoomed in on picture and put arrows where it looks like there are tiny gouges. If it's not perfectly smooth, oil pressure will leak and you'll have a loss of power. These machines whine, at least both of mine do. If it's just the noise you're worried about, don't. Here's the picture:
attachment.php

Thank you for your eyeball on this. I did look closely at these areas and my photo is not that good. The amount of scoring was minuscule - fingernail would not catch while sliding over it. I am also glad to know the noise is nothing to get alarmed about. I even took the planetary gear sets apart looking for something that was abnormal and did not find anything wrong there either. Still wonder why there is this whining noise that it makes.