Snow blade wont throw snow

pappy71

Threads
I just replaced the drive belt on myMTD 3hp snow blower model 140 but it wont discharge any snow; the screw is turning pretty fast but when I push it into 6 inches of snow it stops. I've checked the chute and it isnt clogged, I have also adjusted the belt tension to give it more. power (I think) but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated thanx.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you use a OEM belt? It sound like the new belt is slipping.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you look at the shear pin to see if it has sheared?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks to be a single stage snowblower. Yes I agree with blaznt if the belt isn't slipping there isn't much left but the sheer pin.

pappy71

Threads
It looks to be a single stage snowblower. Yes I agree with blaznt if the belt isn't slipping there isn't much left but the sheer pin.

I searched and searched but couldn't find a shear pin, I dont think this model has one. The auger is 1 piece and is attached on both sides of the machine by carriage bolts. I'll take these off and put new ones on and maybe the problem is with these bolts, I hope so.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
your pulley should screw on to the auger. is that happening?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I searched and searched but couldn't find a shear pin, I dont think this model has one. The auger is 1 piece and is attached on both sides of the machine by carriage bolts. I'll take these off and put new ones on and maybe the problem is with these bolts, I hope so.

I have found that snow blowers that come into my shop don't always use shear pins but they use a soft grade shear bolt or cap screw. If you use something different then the proper shear pin or bolt you can do a lot of damage. I don't know what you have seeing I have never worked on that model or brand snowblower. You might want to check all pulleys and sprockets to make sure they aren't spinning on a shaft with a broken keyway??