Oil Drain Twist Valve for John Deere Riding Mowers

brownryno

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Oil Drain Twist Valve for John Deere Riding Mowers
I'm looking to purchase a replacement oil drain valve for my X570 John Deere Riding Mower and want to make sure I purchase one with the right thread size. I'm guessing its 1/2" or 7/16" thread size? Has anyone purchased valves like the ones in the attached images for John Deere mowers before?

twistvalve.jpegtwistvalve2.jpegtwistvalve3.jpeg

Thanks!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our John Deere section to see if we can find you an answer :smile:

brownryno

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Catherine!

I'll be sure to post in relevant threads from here on out :)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Googgle "Small Engine Oil Drain Valve" and you will find plenty to choose from. Have seen them on all different pieces, they work great if installed properly. Even better is to install a drain hose, google it, and the job goes even faster.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The one installed on a new Husqvarna fell apart on first usage.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads

brownryno

Forum Newbie
Threads
The ones for sale I've found so far do not state the thread size. I think I'll just give the manufacturer a call and post here if I gather any useful info from them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of the drain plugs are 3/8 pipe. I would install a drain hose instead of one of those. Have seen too many break or come loose with no good way of retightening without removing the engine. Just not enough room between the frame and the engine to get a wrench on it properly. Have hear of some coming apart while the engine was running and draining all the oil out leading to destroyed engine.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
lol, Always a mess to drain with or without a so called drain valve. I just tilt the tractor and make a paper catch plate under the plug hole with a spout folded in and hope for the best which seldom happens. But seriously for you who cannot loosen and install drain plugs ...About 15 minutes to loosen the 4 hold down bolts , engine to frame...Just enough to raise the engine a socket- radius- width to unscrew. Be sure to carefully retorque the hold down bolts. I did not find a torque value published so I applied around 25-30 ft lbs. Be careful not to over torque as the block threads are aluminum. :2cents::2cents: