Repairing Cub Cadet

Holapuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Cub LT1045 for $75 :) But the Kohler Courage SV600 motor leaks oil out the bottom seal. From what I've read, the bottom crank bearing (bored in the motor casing) is probably worn out. Any ideas for fixing it, or where to get another compatable motor?

1982-4502

Threads
I replace the oil sump housing, and have new bearing. Less cost than engine. That Kohler has alot of problems. replace with Briggs & stratton or Kohler command.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Cub Cadet section, although our Kohler engine forum might be a good place to stop by as well. :smile:

Holapuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to our Cub Cadet section, although our Kohler engine forum might be a good place to stop by as well. :smile:

===================================================================

Thank's, I'll watch for more replies . . .

Holapuk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replace the oil sump housing, and have new bearing. Less cost than engine. That Kohler has alot of problems. replace with Briggs & stratton or Kohler command.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's a great idea I hadn't thought of. I will check, but if you have suggestions of where to get one, that would be great.

I would rather not spend $600+ for a new motor, regardless of brand.

Thank's

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Will be hard to buy a new engine for under 600

1982-4502

Threads
Partstree enter tractor model number,and it will pull the parts and cost. Three engines used in this tractor.

1982-4502

Threads
Partstree has all the pan for them. $140-160