Troy Bilt Bronco Automatic Model #13BX78KS011/211

Ltmt

Threads
  • / Troy Bilt Bronco Automatic Model #13BX78KS011/211
This Troy Bilt was given to me because someone bought the property it was on and they had no use for it. I took it home and tried the motor. I acted like it wanted to start up so I figured it was good to go with a good general cleaning and some minor TLC. I did all that and now it does not want to start. There was nothing going from the battery to the starter so I replaced the starter solenoid with an old one that I know works. Then I noticed that there was a 20 amp fuse in the electrical that was blown. I replaced the fuse and still had nothing at the starter. Then I noticed that the mower was blowing the fuse pretty much right after I hit the key. I have just about exhausted all my electrical knowledge (very minimal) and can't figure out what the problem is.
Does anyone have a similar experience that can pass on what they found?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Need to check all the wires . Rodents may have munched down on a wire thats making a direct short . Similar problem happened to me last year. A wire on the fuel silanoid rubbed the frame till it shorted out.

NorthBama

Threads
did you use water to clean?

Ltmt

Threads
Yes I use water to clean it.

Ltmt

Threads
did you use water to clean?

Yes I used water to clean it. Do you have any suggestions to help me out with this machine. I am still stumped.

NorthBama

Threads
Re: Troy Bilt Bronco Automatic Model #13BX78KS011/211hor

what I was getting to was I would never use water to clean around the switch and wiring. Water is a good conductor to ground. Sounds like you have a wire touching ground. Not saying this is your problem but I had one last summer that the start conductor was shorted to ground as soon as the switch was turned to start position it would blow the fuse. I will look for a wiring diagram for this model and see if I can maybe help.

NorthBama

Threads

what I was getting to was I would never use water to clean around the switch and wiring. Water is a good conductor to ground. Sounds like you have a wire touching ground. Not saying this is your problem but I had one last summer that the start conductor was shorted to ground as soon as the switch was turned to start position it would blow the fuse. I will look for a wiring diagram for this model and see if I can maybe help.

I found a wiring diagram. The fuse also goes to the alternator. I would disconnect the plug at the alternator and try another fuse.

Ltmt

Threads

I found a wiring diagram. The fuse also goes to the alternator. I would disconnect the plug at the alternator and try another fuse.

Thank you so much! I will give it a try and let you know although it might take me a few days to get back to it.

Ltmt

Threads

Thank you so much! I will give it a try and let you know although it might take me a few days to get back to it.

If you don't mind where did you find that wire diagram? Was it on line?

NorthBama

Threads
manuals.mtdproducts.com/manuals/769-08553.pdf