New to me Honda HRX217HXA

Pumper54

Threads
Greets to all,
I just came into possession of a FREE (neighbor doesn't use it anymore) Honda mower HRX217HXA Serial number MAGA-121545 and when I searched on the web for manuals and basic info on it I found that it was subject to a recall for blade control issues. The label that has the Model/Serial number on it also states "Meets CPSC Blade Safety Requirements" does that mean it has had the recall work done on it? If not do you think Honda would still cover it?

Thanks for the help.
Tom

Pumper54

Threads
Update on the mower. I cleaned it up and checked the oil, just touching the dip stick but black as tar. No gas in the tank, gee no wonder it didn't run for them. Pulled the spark plug and it was all gummed up, found one in the shop that fit, set the gap and installed it. Added oil to the mower, fresh gas and she fired up on the third pull. Little smoke and a bit rough but it ran. Let it run for about 5-8 minuted, shut it down and the pulled the dip stick, flipped her over on her side and drained out the nasty looking oil. Righted her, poured in some Kerosene, sloshed it around for a few minutes and poured it out, pretty black. Added more oil and fired her up. Ran smoother and no smoke. Guess she just needed fresh gas, new plug and clean oil. Need to replace one of the rear wheels as the kid that used it wore the rubber off the wheel and then tore up the plastic wheel. That kid should not have nice things. Need to replace the throttle lever as it is broken off and it seems Super Glue is not that super. I'll find one of them soon. Not sure if I will keep the mower or put it up for sale.
You all have a great night
Tom

PartsPak

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update on the mower. I cleaned it up and checked the oil, just touching the dip stick but black as tar. No gas in the tank, gee no wonder it didn't run for them. Pulled the spark plug and it was all gummed up, found one in the shop that fit, set the gap and installed it. Added oil to the mower, fresh gas and she fired up on the third pull. Little smoke and a bit rough but it ran. Let it run for about 5-8 minuted, shut it down and the pulled the dip stick, flipped her over on her side and drained out the nasty looking oil. Righted her, poured in some Kerosene, sloshed it around for a few minutes and poured it out, pretty black. Added more oil and fired her up. Ran smoother and no smoke. Guess she just needed fresh gas, new plug and clean oil. Need to replace one of the rear wheels as the kid that used it wore the rubber off the wheel and then tore up the plastic wheel. That kid should not have nice things. Need to replace the throttle lever as it is broken off and it seems Super Glue is not that super. I'll find one of them soon. Not sure if I will keep the mower or put it up for sale.
You all have a great night
Tom

Hi Tom,

I can check on the recall for you if you provide me with the full serial number. Honda serial numbers have 7 digets and you have only provided 6. Here is a link for the replacement rear wheel.
http://www.partspak.com/productcart...ear-Nh164-New-42710-VH7-010ZA-4569p359115.htm

Regards,
Isidro

Pumper54

Threads
PartsPak,
Thanks for the offer but it has been taken care of, have a wheel on order and will take it for the recall work as soon as the wheel arrives and I get it on.
Tom