Anyone knowledgeable about the Bobcat XRZ Pro Zero Turn?

jezbeliverson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Anyone knowledgeable about the Bobcat XRZ Pro Zero Turn?
Hey,

Happy New Year!!

This is Jezbel. My husband and I have been searching for a ZTR for months, but only get more confused with all the brands, especially since so many seem to sound similar.

We moved to my husbands family home near Conroe, TX in the Houston area and it is like a jungle.

We have about 5 acres of land that we either have overgrown grass or areas in which we will plant grass, either ways, grass will need to be cut and maintained.

Our land is mostly flat, but bumpy, it is not a well manicured lawn as yet :)

We are ready to buy the machine this week, and the Bobcat XRZ Pro looks good on paper however we have not tried it. It is about $6k for the 60 inch deck.

Does anyone have experience with the Bobcat XRZ Pro?

Any tips or suggestions before the purchase? Or any alternates we should consider?

Thanks,
xx

Jez

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey,

Happy New Year!!

This is Jezbel. My husband and I have been searching for a ZTR for months, but only get more confused with all the brands, especially since so many seem to sound similar.

We moved to my husbands family home near Conroe, TX in the Houston area and it is like a jungle.

We have about 5 acres of land that we either have overgrown grass or areas in which we will plant grass, either ways, grass will need to be cut and maintained.

We are ready to buy the machine this week, and the Bobcat XRZ Pro looks good on paper however we have not tried it. It is about $6k for the 60 inch deck.

Any tips or suggestions before the purchase? Or any alternates we should consider?

Thanks,
xx

Jez

I run a lawn service in SW Alabama. We run Scag Mowers. I have never seen anything that cuts stemmed grass with one. We run the Tiger Cats which are a mid range Scag. The Turf Tiger and Cheeta are higher priced than the Tiger Cat. A New one with a 52" deck and 22 HP Kawasaki are around $8,500. I have never seen anything out there that will cut with them.

jim@acl.org.au

Forum Newbie
Threads
I assume Jezbel has brought her mower by now, but I have the same question and have almost indentical situation with my yard in Australia. Anyone got a comment on your US Bob Cat XRZ series and its performance, particularly compared to equivalent John Deere machines?

Thanks
Jim

Hey,

Happy New Year!!

Thanks,
xx

Jez

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
The XRZ pro has bushings for the front caster instead of a real bearing, the deck suspension brackets look cheap and flimsy and after having one of them my dealer will no longer carry them. The Fastcat Pro and Fastcat Pro SE are much nicer machines.