18 HP OPPOSED TWIN exhaust set up question

Rocky J

Threads
Reynoldston....sorry ....I don`t know how to use the forum yet ....this is a Briggs 18 HP Opposed Twin -80`s vintage...horizontal shaft 4 cycle........Rocky ...good info on the MC exhaust...I have 2 harleys and I know about the back firing....got mine right !....Thank you both for the info......I started messing with some pipe today and since the exhaust ports are off set , it will make it difficult to make an easy connection ...Question: is there a flexable metal(stainless steel) exhaust material out there that could be used to connect the 2 sides ...the size of the outside diameter of 3/4 gal. steel pipe? Or any suggestions ?? Thanks ~David

My thought is 45 degree street elbows, two of them threaded together per cylinder will make a nice swing joint and can correct the most random angle I have worked with.45 street.jpeg

Martinomon

Forum Newbie
Threads
after all this I`ve decided to go with duals....straight up ....a 5" 3/4 pipe out of one side ....a 8" pipe out of the other( to bring them on the same plane) ....with 45* elbows on the ends and each having a sausage muffler on .....then aluminum up stacks on each with a flapper on top ...the stacks will be able to be removed at the sausage mufflers for getting under low bridges. I like not mixing the 2 pipes up and I think the sound will be enhanced .....a cross support can be clamped between the 2 down low for added stability .....so....that`s the direction I`m headed ...thanks again for all the good ideas....David