Should there be a second spring on this carb

personalt

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftman pressure washer with biggs and stratton engine. It will not start with gas but runs for a few seconds fine if I spray engine start in there.

I have a feeling I am missing a second spring as my carb only has one spring on it. When I adjust the thottle it de-tensions the one spring but the throttle on the carb doesn't really turn. Picture is attached. I also have a short video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wyL9QUbwic

Does it look like there is a counter spring missing?

Attachments

• 20161226_134511.jpg
    20161226_134511.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 17

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is no counter spring. Just the one spring that you have. The governor spring opens the throttle, and the governor which that rod attaches to under the blower housing closes the throttle when the engine is running. If the engine isn't running the spring will hold the throttle all the way open. The engine speed is achieved by creating a balance between the spring pulling the throttle open and the governor trying to close it.

If you are having start problems and the throttle is closing all the way, you may have to clean the carb, Be aware that this time of year air temperature in certain regions can make engines hard to start or not start at all. Also if you are starting the engine without the air filter in place can also have effect all the fuel air mix and can cause running problems