Walk behind NOS Lawn Boy wheels/tires??

parkboy

Threads
Where can I find new old stock original LB wheels with smooth tires?

unclelee

Threads
They are hard to find... Sometimes they show up on eBay but they go for about $100 for a pair (white) the only green one I saw on eBay is now on my shelf.
Lee

1982-4502

Threads
Partstree has wheels for Lawn Boys, in Austin Texas.:smile:

1982-4502

Threads
Bolts are a lot of the wobble in the wheels. I changed mine to cap screws grade 8.

Lawnboy77

Threads
Partstree has wheels for Lawn Boys, in Austin Texas.:smile:

Yeah don't think they are the real deal though...as far as I know the real deal "Nuclear symbol" OMC Lawnboy wheels are long gone and the only ones you will find are from dealers that are clearing out the stock, or ones that have been setting on the shelf in someones basement for years. These do turn up on auctions from time to time, and like UncleLee mentioned, they bring high dollars for sure. The fronts have brought a hundred bucks a pair for the past 2 ebay auctions. They lost me at about 60 bucks. LOL Nothing wrong with the aftermarket replacements, but for many Lawnboy collectors the NOS OMC wheels are really preferred over anything else.

Lawnboy77

Threads
Just thought I'd post a pic for those who aren't familiar with what we are referring to when we say "Nuclear symbol" Lawnboy OMC wheels. They have gotten so rare and expensive that I won't even install them on a daily driver, just on this mower comprised mostly of NOS parts that won't ever see operational use. Some background on this mower, I bought a NOS engine from an ebay seller a few years ago and about the same time an MTF member was selling some of his collection, and it included a NOS 19 inch mag deck, so I was lucky enough to win both auctions and that's where it all started. I've been picking up NOS parts ever since. Maybe someday I'll have a 100% 50 year old NOS mower. Next on the list are 4 each NOS OMC shoulder bolts, notice that one doesn't have the familiar OMC symbol on the head. It's a restore that never seems to end. LOL

unclelee

Threads
Not to make anyone jealous...lol, but I just found a set of NOS 8" rears in white for $23.00 and free shipping on eBay. You know I couldn't hit the buy now button fast enough.
Lee

Lawnboy77

Threads
Wow Lee! How did I miss those? Well glad you got them, I wouldn't want a bidding war with you. I may need to check my eBay settings though. Great find!

unclelee

Threads
Wow Lee! How did I miss those? Well glad you got them, I wouldn't want a bidding war with you. I may need to check my eBay settings though. Great find!

I almost missed them, at first I thought they were the replacement kind....But something stopped me and I went through the pictures and seen they were the real deal. There is a set of Six inch also, I bid them through the roof so I can have a complete set....Lol if someone wants that set they are going to have to reach deep in their pocket.
Lee