Buying help PLEASE! First zero turn

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for all the feedback!

I was under the impression that Toro was not up to the Scag, Hustler level but it sounds like they are.

Which Scag model do you suggest for a "low end" commercial model? Patriot?

I think if your talking about mowers you need to look at the warranty on the mowers along with things like frame size and size of the drives, deck gauge, spindle sizes etc. I mentioned the 2000 series and if you look you can still find them out there but they stopped the manufacture of the 2000 in 2016 as of 2017 the Z Master series will start at the 3000 series which will have a 5yr 1200hr commercial warranty. The ZM 2000 has a 4yr 500 hr commercial warranty.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for all the feedback!

I was under the impression that Toro was not up to the Scag, Hustler level but it sounds like they are.

Which Scag model do you suggest for a "low end" commercial model? Patriot?
If you are going to go with a Scag you have to get one that has the Velocity Deck. That would be Tiger Cat II I think. I know that the Tiger Cat was selling for around $8500 but you are looking at a mower that will run 20 years or more if you take care of it. Like I said above we have three and they are tough machines.

IN my experience the Velocity Deck is what sets them apart. We have had people stop where we are cutting bahia grass and ask us, "What kind of mower is that"? I have never seen a mower of any brand that will cut Bahia grass with them. I am not saying that there is not one out there. I am just saying that I have not had the opportunity to see one operate. We ran a 326 Kubota Diesel before we got our first Scag. I did not run it long before I traded the 326 in and bought a second Scag. If there was a mower out there that is sold in my area that cuts grass better than a Scag I would be looking hard at buying it. We cut a lot of grass.