Buying help PLEASE! First zero turn

mac0822

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I've been reading endless amounts of information about zero turns. I am a homeowner and have 3+ (mostly flat) acres. I will be buying a zero turn this spring.

My criteria:

-commercial model (lower end)
-60 +/- inch deck
-Around $7,000 or less

So far, the only machine that seems to fit my needs is the Hustler FasTrak. Am I going down the right path or is there a better option available for my criteria? Thanks for any feedback.

neetan

Threads
I agree! That is what I have, I have it with the Honda 20 hp in a 48". Good luck

Hello,

I've been reading endless amounts of information about zero turns. I am a homeowner and have 3+ (mostly flat) acres. I will be buying a zero turn this spring.

My criteria:

-60 +/- inch deck
-Around $7,000 or less

So far, the only machine that seems to fit my needs is the Hustler FasTrak. Am I going down the right path or is there a better option available for my criteria? Thanks for any feedback.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Check badboy mowers as well. I'd say toro but they are above your budget ..

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

My criteria:

-60 +/- inch deck
-Around $7,000 or less

I'd also say Toro. You can get into the Toro Z Master Commercial 2000 series 60" with the 23.5hp FX Kawasaki engine for 8K or maybe a little less. I run the Z Master 2000 series 48" for the business and it was under 7K.

Last edited:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I run the toro zmasters commercially. They are well made and take a lot of abuse.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run the toro zmasters commercially. They are well made and take a lot of abuse.

Everything I run for mowers are Toro. Nice thing about buying a new mower today is the 0% interest loans you can get. If someone has any money down they can pretty much set there payments to what they want and pay the thing off in the time you want.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you said in your post I did not catch it, but if you live where there is Bahia Grass you won't regret spending some more money and getting a Scag. It could well be the last mower you ever had to buy. I have a buddy that has one over 20 years old that runs like a top.

We run three Tiger Cats with the 52" decks and 22hp Kawasaki motors on them and they are tough machines.

RhettWS

Threads
My 2 cents, I would ask around to see who the reputable dealers are in your area with a good or decent service department first, regardless of brand. Once I found a good dealer or two I would then focus on those brands to make my final choice. I wouldn't say all brands are equal, but they are close enough such that you could find something to fit your needs within most brands. The dealer with good service is a must unless you plan to do everything yourself.

Good luck and perhaps if you narrow your choice down with the criteria above we might have some additional advice for you.

mac0822

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the feedback!

I was under the impression that Toro was not up to the Scag, Hustler level but it sounds like they are.

Which Scag model do you suggest for a "low end" commercial model? Patriot?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for all the feedback!

I was under the impression that Toro was not up to the Scag, Hustler level but it sounds like they are.

Which Scag model do you suggest for a "low end" commercial model? Patriot?

Toro is just as good a mower if not better than the others mentioned. Toro also owns and makes Exmark and Lawn-Boy mowers.