Kohler CV23 with combined throttle / choke cable

kerrybp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking to replace the engine on my Turf Tracer HP, which has a combined throttle and choke cable (push the throttle past fast to engage choke) with a used engine of some sort. I've seen a few Kohler CV23s that have the same shaft and mounting holes as the original (Kawasaki FH500V), but it looks like they use separate choke & throttle cables. Is it possible to hook up the Kohler engine with only one cable and a linkage? It seems that this would be a common issue, since some mowers have one cable and others have two, but I don't know a whole lot about engines and wouldn't want to buy one that wouldn't work for my mower.

s-l1600_sm.jpg

Thanks!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Adding a choke cable is easy enough. The sale generic ones.

Rocky J

Threads
I would rather have a separate chock cable myself. They are cheap enough, you drill a hole and feed it threw it put the nut on the back side. I think when you get the replacement engine that you will feel like you are worrying about nothing. Wait till you see the difference in the wiring, I have never had the luxury of buying a new engine or even the correct engine. Some wires are to short,some to long because the oil shut down is on the opposite side or the carb solenoid is on the left and was on the back, but it can be done, that was always my favorite part and the worst was always custom making the header pipes, some engines come out the bottom of the cylinder, some out the side, and the tractor you are working on may have never used that engine. But I feel like the CV is a good proven engine, hydraulic lifters and balancing shaft, all iron inside. The last one I did was a Cub Cadet RZT42 with a Kohler Courage and I replaced it with a CV16 .