LX 176 14 HP KAWASAKI NO FIRE TO PLUG

jm2621

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm new to forum so please bear with me. I have a 1997 jd lx 176. I am the original owner. Mower has always been garaged when not in use. This has been a great mower and other than normal maintenance no problems. Recently after start up the flywheel magnet came apart and damaged the ignition coil. I replaced the flywheel and coil as well as new plug and boot. I have no fire at plug. The fuel pump, fuel filter,and carb solenoid are working properly. The ignitor is build into the coil and I even unplugged the wire from coil to isolate safety switches. Fuel is fresh non ethanol. Still no fire. i even tried a shot of starting fluid. The new flywheel was salvaged from a lx 176 with same engine. Yesterday I removed the ignition module and connections and checked the two 15 amp fuses and cleaned all with electric contact cleaner. The battery is fully charged and tested 12.7 volts. The air gap at coil is correct and valves look good with .006 gap. I'm at a loss. What am I overlooking?

mjb8fj

Threads
I would check and see if the magnet is still good on the new flywheel? Just wave a socket or screwdriver or something and see if it draws in and sticks, also your flywheel key is ok? And possible if the coil is installed right- the same way (it really shouldn't matter in theory). If all that is ok, and your sure the plug is good, that coil could be bad, I have had them bad right out of a box before. Doesn't sound like the safeties are causing it?

krazy deere

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you haven't figured out yet. on the right side of the engine there could be a silver square with one wire going to it. just ahead of oil dipstick with one screw holding it to shroud replace that