Wont crank

Bfek

Forum Newbie
Threads
My craftsman ride on won't crank, I have fully recharged the battery, But when I turn on the ignition switch the amp meter doesn't even move at all and subsequently when I try to turn it over there is nothing not a sound made at all, The engine is free and moving, I have removed the upper cover and am able to turn the flywheel above the engine. The cut off switch under the seat appears to be fairly new and I placed a wire between the terminals there to make a complete circuit and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm at a loss at the moment.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

1) The SEAT SWITCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER CRANKING OR STARTING SO LEAVE IT ALONE

2) the cranking circuit goes from the battery to the ignition switch via a fuse ( check it ) then to the B terminal on the ignition switch, which bridges to the S terminal .
From there it goes through the PTO switch, then the brake switch and finally to the control terminal on the starter solenoid.

Get your test lamp out & follow it through.
Battery power for the starting circuit generally gets taken off from the hot terminal on the starter solenoid, to save wire.

Bfek

Forum Newbie
Threads
:welcome:

1) The SEAT SWITCH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EITHER CRANKING OR STARTING SO LEAVE IT ALONE

2) the cranking circuit goes from the battery to the ignition switch via a fuse ( check it ) then to the B terminal on the ignition switch, which bridges to the S terminal .
From there it goes through the PTO switch, then the brake switch and finally to the control terminal on the starter solenoid.

Get your test lamp out & follow it through.
Battery power for the starting circuit generally gets taken off from the hot terminal on the starter solenoid, to save wire.

Well thanks Luckily I did NOT take your advice I investigated the switch further and located a sheared wire leading to the switch under the seat. After splicing the wire together hey presto it started first time. Problem solved.