Seasons Greetings to all Lawn and Mower Gurus

matman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got a couple reminders to post something, so here goes. I've done a few searches, but always found what I needed before having to post. I just acquired my first machine with an electric clutch. It's a walkbehind Toro Proline 44" w/ Kohler Command 15hp. It's a refurb, by your's truly, and after rebuilding the carb, replacing float bowl, fuel filter, fuel lines, recoil spring, torsion spring, rear tires, straightening control shafts, change oil & filter, grease entire machine, remove and clean gas tank, etc..., the third time I attempted to engage the blades I got absolutely nothing... not even a click that was audible to me. I'm going to test the pull up switch for continuity, but if anybody wants to chime in, please do. I'm sure many have been in the same situation, and probably 80% resolved it the same way.
I'm also having a problem with the snap ring staying in place on the left trans output shaft. This is alternately sending the drive belt to the extreme outer limit (half off pulley) on either side, even though the snap ring only comes out on the left side.
Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all. Thanks for your help.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Toro section to see if anyone over there knows why those blades aren't engaging.