Briggs 24 hp won't keep running

RussellTP

Threads
I checked the fuel solenoid , fuel pump and sparks. Every time I pour gas in carburetor and it start fire up run then stop since not getting any gas. Do you know what else is wrong to cause not run?

Briggs INtek 24 hp. Model 445677. Type. 0413 E1. Code. 050207YH.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Replace the cut off solenoid with a bowl nut ( threads are the same )
If the mower keeps on running, solenoid is bad.
It is illegal to use engine without the solenoid in place and some places have massive fines for tampering with it.

Other than that, clean the carb properly.

RussellTP

Threads
I already checked the fuel solenoid works good, but does old gasket on manifold leaks that cause to not pull air for gas?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly it is a cut off solenoid not a sensor so if you don't know what it is are you sure it is working properly.

And yes any air leak after the fuel venturi in the carb will cause lean running and too lean = no go at best or destroyed engine at worst.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Testing cut off solenoid: Get your ear close to carb, have someone turn on the key (Just to on, not trying to start) you should hear a click, which would be the cut off solenoid opening, then have them turn key off, again you should hear click as cut off solenoid is closed.

For intake leaks:
I use a spray bottle with soapy water in it, when running or cranking, spray the intake / engine gasket areas, you should see nothing if no leak is present. If leaking it will suck in the soapy water.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Testing cut off solenoid: Get your ear close to carb, have someone turn on the key (Just to on, not trying to start) you should hear a click, which would be the cut off solenoid opening, then have them turn key off, again you should hear click as cut off solenoid is closed.

For intake leaks:
I use a spray bottle with soapy water in it, when running or cranking, spray the intake / engine gasket areas, you should see nothing if no leak is present. If leaking it will suck in the soapy water.

Better done with WD 40 or similar in trigger pack.
Sucked in liquid will not hurt the engine but cause thick blacl or white smoke to come from the exhaust,
Spray packs have flamible propellants so if you enjoy having eyebrows avoid using them.

RussellTP

Threads
I did take the carburetor apart and saw the fuel solenoid working properly from first that I posted. Sorry that I put the wrong word to confuse.

1982-4502

Threads
I did take the carburetor apart and saw the fuel solenoid working properly from first that I posted. Sorry that I put the wrong word to confuse.

Fuel pump pulse line for crack,fuel pump,needle & seat,and fuel line,all can cause no fuel in carburetor.