LT1045 - 2008 - WILL NOT FREE WHEEL WITH TRANSMISSION ROD PULLED OUT.

FLEA

Threads
  • / LT1045 - 2008 - WILL NOT FREE WHEEL WITH TRANSMISSION ROD PULLED OUT.
My 2008 LT1045 will not free wheel(engine stopped and have to change out carb). I need to push it back underneath my shed to get it out of the elements. When I pull out to release rod on the transmission it will not budge. Is there a secret that I need to know or is there other issues that I may not be aware of?

1982-4502

Threads
My 2008 LT1045 will not free wheel(engine stopped and have to change out carb). I need to push it back underneath my shed to get it out of the elements. When I pull out to release rod on the transmission it will not budge. Is there a secret that I need to know or is there other issues that I may not be aware of?

Is the clutch in,and brake on. wont roll with clutch locked.

FLEA

Threads
Is the clutch in,and brake on. wont roll with clutch locked.

No sir....everything is free. Very confusing. I looked under the rear end and the spring attaching the rod is pulling back on the release mechanism, but still not able to push mower.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jack the mower up and try to turn one of the rear wheels.
If it turns and the other one turns in the opposite direction your brake is locked on.
Should this be the case, remove the wheel and disassemble the brake, cleaning all the debris from around the disc.