Clutch Power Shaft

foamer01

Threads
Don't laugh.....I was reading my manual on my 616 and it indicates two fittings to grease on the Clutch Power Shaft every 80 hours. Where are these two located on a 616. I located all spots on my mowing deck and the one fitting on the splined shaft in front that the mower and blower connect to. Thanks for reading.

BWH

Threads
One of the grease fittings is located on the pillow block bearing at the rear of the machine just in front of the lower belt pulley, usually is most accessible on the right side from underneath.
The second is on the front pillow block bearing where the splined PTO shaft slides on to but must be accessed from under the Grasshopper from behind the front drive tire. The front one can be a pain because you have to lay on the ground, I had a 612 some years ago that I ran a remote line from the bearing to a hole in the frame for ease of greasing.

Good Luck!

foamer01

Threads
WOW!! Sounds interesting. Thanks for the detailed information. I will give this a shot. Thanks you very much.

foamer01

Threads
Update: Thank you very much for the information. The rear fitting was exactly where you said, easy. The front one on my 2006 616 was changed and is accessed from under the seat. A little tight but easy as well. Thanks again for taking the time.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BWH

Threads
Glad you found them, good that you found the front one. Yours must be newer than my old 612 it was a 1992 model. I have a 2013 725DT and as you said the grease fitting is accessed from the front under the front platform.

I've had a 1980 1600, 1992 612, 2001 721 and currently have a 2013 725DT. They all were great mowers in their on right but with each newer model was noticeably improved. But of all the improvements the one I couldn't do without would be the Grammer Air Suspension seat, I have some disk issues that would limit me to a few hours a day now I could put in a full day without any discomfort.

This is a great form to follow I learn new things all the time, no question is a silly question. I have found that 99.9% of the members are very courteous and helpful.

173abn

Threads
I've got 14 greaseable points on my older 928d.I think the newer models have less...russ