Hello all. I am a new member here from NW Arkansas.

reedbillr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hello all. I am a new member here from NW Arkansas.
I am retired and have been for about 15 years. To occupy my time I do some volunteer work like help at food pantry and such. Other than that I spend time at a couple of hobbies. One hobby is art such as painting with Acrylics on canvas. Another hobby is working on older models of Lawn Tractor mowers. I generally watch for older riding mowers to come up for sale on Craigslist and go check them out. If it is something I would like to work on I buy it. So far I have a John Deere STX30, A John Deere STX38 plus three John Deere parts mowers. I also have a an old trusted Ariens rear engine model RM1230 with electric start. A couple days ago I picked up a Honda HT3813 Riding mower actually the first one I have ever seen in person even if I am an old man. I also picked up that same day a Honda HT3810 riding mower. Both Hondas run and mow with out any major issues actually I felt that I got a great deal on the two at $400 for both together. I would not be afraid to go mow my yard with either one of the Hondas as they are right now. So far I have not been interested in doing a total restoration on any of them, but rather just bring them up to the standard of a good dependable working mower.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am retired and have been for about 15 years. To occupy my time I do some volunteer work like help at food pantry and such. Other than that I spend time at a couple of hobbies. One hobby is art such as painting with Acrylics on canvas. Another hobby is working on older models of Lawn Tractor mowers. I generally watch for older riding mowers to come up for sale on Craigslist and go check them out. If it is something I would like to work on I buy it. So far I have a John Deere STX30, A John Deere STX38 plus three John Deere parts mowers. I also have a an old trusted Ariens rear engine model RM1230 with electric start. A couple days ago I picked up a Honda HT3813 Riding mower actually the first one I have ever seen in person even if I am an old man. I also picked up that same day a Honda HT3810 riding mower. Both Hondas run and mow with out any major issues actually I felt that I got a great deal on the two at $400 for both together. I would not be afraid to go mow my yard with either one of the Hondas as they are right now. So far I have not been interested in doing a total restoration on any of them, but rather just bring them up to the standard of a good dependable working mower.
Welcome

I agree, just make them work as they were intended to work. Old mowers have a right to just look new once.:smile:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Happy to have you here! It sounds like you'll fit right in :)