18 HP Briggs Stop wire diode ratings

superman81

Forum Newbie
Threads
As you all can see I am new here. I have a Cub 3000 series with a Briggs 18hp engine. After my key switch shorted I have spent quite some time diagnosing why I could not get spark. Found the ground out wires were fried right off the bat and replaced them. Thought I was good, Nope. After ripping my hair out I have now realized that there are supposed to be two wire inline between the coils(not a small engine guy). My question is does anyone know the ratings of those diodes so I can replace them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tinkerer200

Threads
I suggest replacing the "Kill Wire" harness.

Welcome to forum.

Walt Conner

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those wires with diodes in them are ground wires that kill the engine, not make it go.
So take them both off and crank the engine while checking for spark.
No spark = fried coils
Also check that the fuel shut off solenoid in ( under ) the carb is working.
It is sprung shut & energised open so if it dosent open you aint mowing nowhere.

1982-4502

Threads
Intek 18 hp b&s, I have 22hp harness.

Rocky J

Threads
As you all can see I am new here. I have a Cub 3000 series with a Briggs 18hp engine. After my key switch shorted I have spent quite some time diagnosing why I could not get spark. Found the ground out wires were fried right off the bat and replaced them. Thought I was good, Nope. After ripping my hair out I have now realized that there are supposed to be two wire inline between the coils(not a small engine guy). My question is does anyone know the ratings of those diodes so I can replace them. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Vtwinkillcrct.jpg Looking at the diagram the diodes will allow current go from a bad switch to the coil and for sure will burn it out, smell the coil and see if they stink like East Chicago . I have burnt a few with test light probe touching two terminals together.