Recoil spring for an HRS21-SVA. Honda

Segway Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had this Honda mower for 35 years and it still runs perfectly. The part number 28442-ZE5-003. It is no longer available. Does anyone have one of these? Without this little $10 part I'm dreading the thought of having to scrap this wonderful mower.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

It looks like you may have already gotten your answer, but I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section just in case you end up needing a few more parts as spares :)

Segway Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Catherine. Actually I'm still looking. This starter is located low on the right side on top of the deck. It meshes with a geared horizontal flywheel above the blade. I bought it in 1982. Still starts on one pull and runs like a top.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did you look at the link I gave you? It says its a replacement for your part number.

Segway Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually that replaces a different part number than mine.

Segway Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks blazNT. They do list it on the link you sent but like everyone else, below the price it says "not available". I found a mower graveyard in Missouri who is checking. I think that's my only hope. Compared to this great old mower, the newer Hondas don't even come close in quality and operating ease.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
http://www.haraldonline.com
If that is who you are looking through then you will probably find it. Its just 7 miles from my house. I love that place.
And sorry about the last link I thought I found one when I could add it to my cart.

Segway Bill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for trying to help. It is appreciated. I guess the search goes on?