is this a red flag?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Looking for a 4th mower for next year. Found this on Craig's list . To me sounds like a flooded mower . Here is the description.
condition:*excellent
make / manufacturer:*260/ Gravely
model name / number:*260
size / dimensions:*60"

Used 260 Gravely 60" Zero turn commercial mower with 27 HP Kohler Command-Pro Engine with 545 hours on Motor. In the last 4 months-------
New front tire and rim.
New seat.
New battery
New carburetor.
New starter and solenoid.
New fuel lines.
SERVICE also.......... Flushed fuel lines and system with new filter.
Flushed Hydraulic system and replaced fluid with new fluid and new filter.
New air filter.
Changed oil and filter in motor and ran for an hour then changed oil and filter again.
Sharpened blades.
Motor runs as new, only 545 hours.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep!

Way too many things replaced at 540 hours or the owner runs his mowers to the ground.

The word "flush" says it all to me. Don't really need to that if you replace fuel filter regularly and use good fuel.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
My thoughts too . Just seeing what others thought.

sidemouse

Threads
Not necessarily, he might have simply decided to fix everything he knew was wrong with it because he decided to sell it.
And we're assuming he replaced all these things just now, some folks if it was replaced in the last year it categorizes as 'new.'
It does seem odd he'd say "flushed" fuel lines when he also mentions that they're new...
Certainly I'd approach it with caution, like with anything used keep an eye out for obvious signs of neglect and abuse and I'd definitely want to test drive it.
But other than that...
How much is he asking?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
He's asking 3500$ for it. My wife told me she wants me to buy a new one :) so I may have a new lazer z 60 inch soon. Local dealer has a 2015 model on the floor with 1.5 hours. I've got him down to 8 if I get him to 7 I'll buy it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like 1/2 the price of the newer one. There are some people that will just go overboard on maintenance, but who knows. Yes it dose look like a lot of red flags. There can be signs of flood damage. Electrical connectors turning green, milky colored oil, rust ?? I would ask right out why the person did all this work on this mower if I was interested in buying it and look it over very close. I would not want to buy anything that is flood damage because the water and dirt just gets into everything like all bearings. I get into this a lot more with ATV's or off road bikes that the owners think they can run them in deep water and mud without any damage.