FLAT TIRE ON NEW SD60

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Then I do tire work in my shop I always clean the wheel bead with a wire brush after the tire is off. Then when I install the tire I use a product called bead sealer. This comes in a can with a brush built into the cans top. If you don't do much tire work a can of this will last for a long time. I also find that a little of this sealer around the valve stem also helps. I always install new stems with any tire work.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Kubota tractor leaks air on right rear wheel where the lugs are welded to the wheel. Took me a month to find that leak.
Now that you mentioned it, and my memory being similar to a computer in that the information is all there but sometimes i just have trouble accessing it.:laughing: Thanks for jogging the memory a little.

This is where the disk wheel leaked ( I buffed and repaired internally with J B Weld ) and it was a lawn tractor tire I should have said in my earlier post.

Those guys at Farmer's CO-OP are good.

Attachments

• DISK WHEEL LEAK-2016.JPG
    DISK WHEEL LEAK-2016.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 21

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Here is what happened to mine. Carried it to the co-op the wire welded the lugs and I went ahead and purchased a new tire while it was broke down.

ForumRunner_20161205_154304.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then I do tire work in my shop I always clean the wheel bead with a wire brush after the tire is off. Then when I install the tire I use a product called bead sealer. This comes in a can with a brush built into the cans top. If you don't do much tire work a can of this will last for a long time. I also find that a little of this sealer around the valve stem also helps. I always install new stems with any tire work.

Same story.
I use a scotchbrite disc unless there is heavy rusting.
Not a big fan of bead sealer but there is a tub of it in the workshop as a last resort.
Do have to use it on really old tyres that are quite hard because most blokes would rather I remove their testicles than fit a new tyre.

turboawd

Threads
i fill the tires in all my machines with 'tire slime' and never worry about leaks again.

Have_Blue

Threads
i fill the tires in all my machines with 'tire slime' and never worry about leaks again.

Would never use that stuff in a car or truck, but it's fine for low speed machines like mowers and tractors.

Leaks can be a real pain to find on low pressure tires. Even professionals will tell you that. Sometimes you can over-inflate and find the leak, but it's easier just to squirt a little slime into them. Ba-da-bing, end of problem.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've never had any luck with the "slime-type" products.......I bite the bullet N Buy an inner-tube .. problem over !! ..:mur: ..:thumbsup:

NorthBama

Threads
I agree that stuff is a mess if it has been used and a tire needs replacing on that rim.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree that stuff is a mess if it has been used and a tire needs replacing on that rim.

But tire slim sure is a cheap and easy fix for a home owner without any tire repair skills.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So how many times have yo pulled off a tyre & found a pound of slime in a big blob stuck inside the tyre where it formed a skin over winter.