FLAT TIRE ON NEW SD60

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
So how many times have yo pulled off a tyre & found a pound of slime in a big blob stuck inside the tyre where it formed a skin over winter.

Never, I just rinse them out with water, no problems. I use the green tire slim in my own ATV and mower tires when I am in a location I can't fix them. We run the ATV's at speeds of 50 to 60 MPH without any problems with the slim in the tires. The stuff is great.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have slime in 4 of my 5 mowers. Been working good for me .

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have slime in 4 of my 5 mowers. Been working good for me .

I must have used the wrong brands or.......... I Probably was holding my mouth wrong ....( LOL )
Actually I think my tires are too dry-rotted and they leak through all over .. have loads of tread on the tires but the sidewalls are really cracked ...Florida sunlight from what I'm told .. They came on the mower when I bought it , hell ...they may be 10 years old
I have no idea ... in the meantime the tubes are doin their job !! time to check around for a good used set.....Boobala

RDA.Lawns

Threads
My oldest mower has sidewalls you could poke a finger through with little effort. Lol It has a few plugs and slime. I'm going to replace it soon. If I do keep it it has to have a set of tires. Its a 09 zmaster she's been a good mower. My first new ztr I've ever purchased. She has over 3k hours on it.

mhavanti

Threads
Funny this thread began with SD60 left front tire going down. Mine went down from day one. Air it up, couple of days later, flat. Considering I wasn't mowing every day as a lot of you, I just aired it up but wasn't all that happy about it considering a new tire on a new mower.

After three years of airing it up to fifty pounds and squirting it with extremely soapy water without so much as a single bubble. I decided to remove the wheel and tire, put it into the sink and use pure soap. Yes Sir, found the problem, a super thin cut that was done on the delivery trailer's ramp that has a piece of angle sticking up that has cut quite a few tires when the dealer delivered mowers. The abrasion wasn't even visible until I had the wheel in my hand.

About a month ago in anticipation of mowing, while I had it off, I put a tube in it . No mas problemo!

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I eliminated 2 front tires on my 4 ztrs. Switched them out with the semi solid tires before they ever cut any grass. :)

mhavanti

Threads
RDA,

Did you ride it before you changed the tires and how much if any difference in ride between the semi-pneumatic and the pneumatic tires you removed?

Thanks in advance,

Max

RDA.Lawns

Threads
The semi solid tires are a bit rougher. Nothing to bad.

mhavanti

Threads
My Hustler will give your spleen bruises. lol

RDA.Lawns

Threads
All my mowers have the upgraded seats. Toro calls them air ride seats lol