FLAT TIRE ON NEW SD60

mhavanti

Threads
Mine has the upgrade seat as well. I'd hate to think what it would be like without it. The Ferris is looking more desirable every day.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I actually ran 1 of my mowers 2 weeks without the upgraded seat. My local dealer didn't have 1 in stock after saying he did. He sent my mower to the shop while we were doing the paper work. About 10 mins later a guy from the shop came into the office. Said we don't have a seat I told my dealer right there to give my check back and I'd go buy my mower somewhere else. He ended up refunding me 300$ but had to wait on the seat to come in. It defiantly makes a huge difference.

mhavanti

Threads
I'm probably going to make some suspension upgrades on this yellow monster. It needs a suspension as the lack of one makes it a miserable ride.

577jersey

Threads
I had a leak on my right front castor tire,green slimed it and all has been well since last Summer,its messy but by the time i will have to replace the tire,i will just get the tire and wheel assembly all in one if the wheel is rusted...Im not that cheap :)

Was also looking into airless tires but I heard they ride pretty hard and this machine needs soft front tires,north east lawns are all pretty rough up here.

mhavanti

Threads
I'm going to do the foam filled tires on one of my mowers. Buddy came over to get me to show him how to do it last summer. He ran his all summer and he swears he'd run his car with them if he thought he could.

Works great on two wheel dollies also.

577jersey

Threads
Foam seems like it would have some flex to it,you think that spray foam in a can would work,bet it would,gets pretty firm...fill em up,and cut the excess off that expanded out of the bead.
Guess you could take the valve stem out and fill it that way too,but might have to drill another hole or two so it fills evenly around.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have watched many youtube video about this and the expanding foam just breaks down in short order and you have nothing left to hold up the tires. Replace the tires is the only option after you destroy them to fill them.

mhavanti

Threads
Before you fill them with expanding foam, you need to break down some Styrene foam in very small chunks, break down one bead, fill the tire completely full of the Styrene, put the bead back on, then fill the tire with expanding around Styrene and it will run for years. I've seen several doing it and haven't had any break downs.

You can drill small holes around the sidewall on one side, but, very small. You want the foam to have a place to expand into. You can then shove a tire plug into each hole, cut them off smooth with the sidewall and you've cut off oxygen, dirt, water, etc. from helping break down the foam.

Bigmks

Threads
I've got a fairly new sd raptor 36" and it seems one of the front castor tires has a leak. The left tire has almost 10 psi? The right side seems to be my problem. I'm not sure what the correct tire pressure is supposed to be? The the tire says max 40 psi but I only put in about 20 psi.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
20 is to much 10 to 15 is good mine are under 10 at about 8