Cutting slopes

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I have no way of measuring the steepest slop I mow but I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have no way of measuring the steepest slop I mow but I'll take a pic of it tomorrow.

I'm betting my Social Security check you have a way. If you have a 2' level or a piece of lumber 1,2,3,4 or 10 ft. long or any length similar and any spirit level you can do it. All that's needed is rise over run just as if we were measuring roof pitch/slope.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm betting my Social Security check you have a way. If you have a 2' level or a piece of lumber 1,2,3,4 or 10 ft. long or any length similar and any spirit level you can do it. All that's needed is rise over run just as if we were measuring roof pitch/slope.

If you have a smart phone you can load a bubble level that measures your slopes in degrees. My Iphone had one already installed and when I switched to the android I just loaded a spirit level on it, they work great.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Ric

Now I'm waiting on a response from RDA.LAWNS so I can double up on my SS check next month to pay for Christmas.:laughing:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm reading this post with great interest. Found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX2RYPPZEb0
Watch it to the end...some scary stuff!!! I'm speechless, do not know what to tell you...sorry.

People are idiots.
There is no course that you have to do before you are "qualified" to drive a mower.
You need no apprenticeship to become a lawn mowing contractor and drive down the road with a truck load of very dangerous weapons.
So you have to learn on the job.
Very few people who actually studied physics at high school understood what they regurgitated in order to pass the exam.
Then you have the effect of radial tyres, ASB , LSD's and disc brakes.
All of these reinforce that the Laws of Motion do not apply to me in the cavity between the ears where a brain should reside.
Sitting on the side of the road you can pick the drivers who cut their teeth on crossply tyres & mechanical brakes.

Futile Government interventions to try & prove Darwin was wrong has prevented idiot morons suffering the penalty of their own stupidity.
Thus every generation the collective knowledge of man kind vastly expands in an inversely proportionally rate to the clowns who ignore it.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I watched the video noticed the grass was heavy probably wet. I could mow that with my mower in dry conditions.I went today and measured the steepest slope I mow. It starts at 20deg and increases to 42. I can mow all of it starting at the top of the hill mowing across the face going at a downwards angle. Its pushing the limits I know. Not all mowers will handle the same. With my added weights on the rear of my mowers gives it more traction.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I watched the video noticed the grass was heavy probably wet. I could mow that with my mower in dry conditions.I went today and measured the steepest slope I mow. It starts at 20deg and increases to 42. I can mow all of it starting at the top of the hill mowing across the face going at a downwards angle. Its pushing the limits I know. Not all mowers will handle the same. With my added weights on the rear of my mowers gives it more traction.

Are you saying your slope starts at a 20 degree angle and increases to a 42 degree angle?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Yes. I start at the steepest part cutting across the face at a angel to the bottom. If I start at the less and go to the steeper I can't turn without getting into trouble.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes. I start at the steepest part cutting across the face at a angel to the bottom. If I start at the less and go to the steeper I can't turn without getting into trouble.

That's what I thought you meant, but I think you have your angles and grades confused. If your talking about a 42 degree angle your looking at almost a 100% grade which is a 45 degree angle.