Edging

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well said.lol And correct. Makes a difference of night and day as far as I can see it. Some people really probably don't care, but these houses I am doing are in the 500K range, so they expect a perfect look. That's why I prefer the gas edger I have, but I'll be damned if I wanna have to be changing out sprinkler heads on every yard by nailing the piss out of em with a blade. Which begs the question anyway, have any of you guys ever run into that problem? A stick with blade going over the top of a sprinkler head? Granted, I've not destroyed any, but I would have to think it's no good for em. I have hit em slightly, and I could feel it. THAT'S when I decided to back off using the blade. MOST, if not all the yards I do have irrigation. And MOST, if not all, have the daggone heads resting right on the concrete edge or corners of the sidewalk or driveway. Does it make sense, that a square hit on that plastic sprinkler head with a steel blade just right would/could destroy the thing? Or am I just worried about it too much?

LOL I used to carry a half dozen sprinkler heads in my truck all the time. I replaced a bunch before I discovered the concrete donuts. The thing is it wasn't trimming that hurt me as much as one in the middle of the lawn I'd hit with the mower because the were mounted to high.