HRR216 loose belt

primerbulb120

Threads
Yes. The rear wheel bushings are really the only bad part about these Honda mowers. Honda should have used bearings, but they didn't. I use my Honda commercially and I replace or grease the bushings every few weeks. The bushings aren't that expensive, I buy them for 95 cents each from Jacks Small Engines.

The only reason I don't buy a different mower is because I can't find a better mower than the Honda.

twinsinpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes. The rear wheel bushings are really the only bad part about these Honda mowers. Honda should have used bearings, but they didn't. I use my Honda commercially and I replace or grease the bushings every few weeks. The bushings aren't that expensive, I buy them for 95 cents each from Jacks Small Engines.

The only reason I don't buy a different mower is because I can't find a better mower than the Honda.
ok thanks - is it hard to do? and are they called driveshaft bushings? thats what i order?

primerbulb120

Threads
1. It's not a very difficult procedure, just takes some time. (For me about 60-90 minutes.) It will probably take you longer. You will need socket set, snap ring pliers, hammer and some grease.

2. Yes, they are called driveshaft bushings. Look them up here: http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K9-VKAA Jacks Small Engines is a good place to get them. Go ahead and order 6 or 8 of them so you'll have some for next time.

twinsinpa

Forum Newbie
Threads
1. It's not a very difficult procedure, just takes some time. (For me about 60-90 minutes.) It will probably take you longer. You will need socket set, snap ring pliers, hammer and some grease.

2. Yes, they are called driveshaft bushings. Look them up here: http://peparts.honda.com/powerequipment#/browse/lm/hrr/hrr216/HRR216K9-VKAA Jacks Small Engines is a good place to get them. Go ahead and order 6 or 8 of them so you'll have some for next time.
haha yep it will probably take me all day!!!
ok I ordered them - thanks

primerbulb120

Threads
Here's an image I got from Robert@Honda that may help you with the repair:

rrr.JPG

If you have questions or need any help let me know. Or even better let Robert know :wink: