HU700f

Jayschankman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was trying to replace the drive control cable on this mower. I made the mistake of taking the housing off of the dual lever drive control. When I removed it, all of the parts fell out. I had no way of noting the correct placement of the components.After reassembling the controller! I find the cable tension to be so tight that I cannot compress the levers. I have tried every combination of placement, but I cannot figure out how to put this thing together correctly. Does anyone have a diagram, or any tips on how to get this controller back together? Thanks in advance.

sidemouse

Threads
Usually the problem is you're running it up the wrong side, either the cable needs to come around the other way or you have the housing on the opposite side, something along those lines... More than likely you just have to play with it after a good night's rest, worst case scenario take it to a dealer.

Jayschankman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The good night's rest fixed it! Thank you! That cable is wound so tight that I was sure it was too short. My advice:don't ever take that thing apart to see what's inside. Parts go flying. you can lose parts, lose a good part of a weekend, or even put your eye out. I commend Husquarvana for the craftsmanship. This mower is put together really well.