John Deere Z930A Mulch on Demand Issues

marshoaks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased an abused JD Z930A MOD. It appears to me that someone must have severely bent the half circle metal piece that bends around the middle blade that, in effect, is there to help close the baffles for mulching. They then just tore it off of the machine leaving only small metal tabs there. JD will not sell me the piece and I'm not going to pay $2,400 for a new deck. I don't have to have the MOD but would like the option. If any of you who own a 60" MOD mower deck would be willing to take a measurement of the piece I've described and share it with me I would be very appreciative. The piece also includes a couple of smaller pieces that attach at the back of the mower. I know it is asking a lot but my options are limited. The piece attaches to the mower deck at the back closest to where the driver sits. It is tack welded on and when the MOD lever is activated the moving baffle parts close towards this rounded piece to make mulching possible. I know I've done a terrible job trying to describe the piece. If I am able to attach a photo I will. I have someone who is going o fabricate the piece for me. I was able to attach a PDF which is a photo and I have outlined with a black line the metal piece I'm referring to. Thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.PNG
    IMG_0119.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 15
  • JD MOD Underside Photo.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

mowerman05

Threads
If you post on lawn site .com you will get a answer a lot sooner for your issue