Fuel filter??

rac1201

Forum Newbie
Threads
On both my HRX217HZA lawnmower (GCV190 engine) and pressure washer(GC190 engine), I believe there is an inline fuel filter but I'm not sure the location. I recently discovered a lot fine dirt/sediment on the bottom of my 5 gallon gas container that I use to fuel my equipment with and I'm concerned some of this may have gotten into the fuel tank on both my lawnmower and pressure washer. I never had this happen before and I think this came from the gas station I used for non-ethanol fuel.

1. Is the fuel filter on the fuel tank side or the carburetor side of the fuel line?

2. What is the micron rating for the fuel filter? Can it catch fine particles that can clog the carburetor jets?

3. How do I know when to change the fuel filter?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The whole point in putting in a filter is to remove bits too big to pass through the finer idle jets.
However tiny bits don't like hanging around by themselves so they join up with a few mates and block jets just the same.
Fuel filters are generally between 120 to 25 microns.
Coarser ones on gravity feed with tanks closer to the carb finer ones on engines with fuel pumps.

The pressure washer usually will have a sediment trap under the fuel tap.
Unscrew it and wash it out.
If it has one it is a bowl shape under the and part of the tap.
Mark has already answered the rest.

Yearly is a bit short for replacement but too often is better then too long.

It will depend upon how much junk accumulates in the tank.
If you cut too low & throw a lot of dust it will clog faster.

Signs of clogging is the mower starts & runs fine with a full tank but surges when the tank gets low.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
1. Is the fuel filter on the fuel tank side or the carburetor side of the fuel line?

2. What is the micron rating for the fuel filter? Can it catch fine particles that can clog the carburetor jets?

3. How do I know when to change the fuel filter?

The filter fits inside the outlet barbed fitting at the bottom of the fuel tank. The tube slides over it and clamps around the fitting. This secures the filter and tube with a single clamp ('clip').

31145591976_b5fa50c9c4_o.png

Honda's maintenance schedule says to change the filter and clean the fuel tank every year or 100 hours.

The filter is Honda Part Number 16952-Z8B-000 (Google the number to find a dealer selling online) with an MSRP of $8.