Toro Super recycler electric start need charger for it.

Robshonda

Threads
  • / Toro Super recycler electric start need charger for it.
I just picked up a beautiful older Toro Super Recycler with Personal Pace and electric start. I did not get the charger with it and the batteries are long dead. Does anyone have a picture of the charger label so I can see what volts/amps I need? The battery pack sits on top of the handle under the bag. Thanks.023.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post model & serial numbers from mower.

Robshonda

Threads
Thanks Mark, I am at work and cant check but I recall the model is 20045 and the serial number starts with 99.

Robshonda

Threads
What has me stumped is the battery is two gel cells stuck together. They are each 12 volts BUT they are wired in series for 24 volts! I did not get a charger with the mower. I was going to make a charger from a 12volt wall wart but then noticed it was 24 volts....
Looks exactly like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toro-Genuin...210659?hash=item2ef6bf09e3:g:ePoAAOSw5cNYG3Us
I have a spare 12volt Gel cell I am bringing home from work to hook to the starter battery and see what happens.
I notice all newer Toros have the larger rectangular 12volt 5/6 amp type battery with the box mounted to the mower frame under the bag...

Robshonda

Threads
Thanks Mark. WHen I looked at the battery in it I saw 12v 2.5ahr. I thought I saw it on BOTH cells. I was mistaken. That is for the whole battery pack. My bad. I hooked another gel sell to the mower and it is turning the starter fine. I will make a charger from parts I have on hand for it and pick up a battery for it.