mower deck spindles

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
1977 International model Cadet 80 I had one brought into my shop for loose mower deck pulleys. I took one of the mower deck spindles out and took it apart. It has a system with a gear that seems to tighten the pulley as it goes under power. I have never seen anything like this and don't understand the reason behind it?? Has anybody had one of these apart and know anything about them or how they work ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like it is a brake some how.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like it is a brake some how.

Yes its the blade brake. Its a two blade deck and I only found enough parts to repair one side. What I need is a 756-3017 Pulley and a 711-3071 shaft or a complete mandrel? No luck in finding parts. I am just going to have to put it back together and give it back to the customer :frown:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You saved the day, they have the parts I need Thanks :thumbsup:

Repair job gone bad. After the customer heard the price for the parts he wants it put back together and not repaired. Some times you just loose on a repair. :frown:

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a wild set up. Bummer the customer didn't allow you to repair it. (His loss).

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Strange engineering and prices are a couple of things that put IH out of business and it looks as if the trickle down effect is still alive and well.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a wild set up. Bummer the customer didn't allow you to repair it. (His loss).

I priced it out both ways overhaul or replace complete mandrel. The parts and labor to repair was more then replacing. Its a 1978 mower and anytime you need NOS parts that aren't made anymore and something that old you are going to pay the price. Restoring antiques isn't cheap and any business that sells these parts know this. I don't blame the parts business because this is their living. The customer who brought this repair to me just bought this mower without knowing what he was getting in to. He also doesn't realize or care how many hours I spent looking and calling for these parts.