Z920m oil change

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having trouble loosening the valve to drain oil. This would be the shut off valve. What wrench or screw driver do you use ? Does anybody know the dimensions of the hexagon whole bolt that I can buy in terms of a wrench ratchet to listen this as it is in a very tight spot as well. Thank you!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

You could have 2 different motors and for each of them 2 to 4 different oil draining systems so a photo will be needed

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm hoping these have attached thank you. I believe I have a 25 hp Kawasaki engine definitely a Kawasaki

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 19

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
you should be able to get an impact driver into the slot.
Being thick it is easier to get a good grip on it and keep some pressure on it to prevent it slipping out.
A short ratchet with an impact head in it will also work.
A few drops of kerro on the bung will help no end.
There should be an O ring or rubber seal in the end of it which has most likely gotten sticky.
Like a water tap you only have to tighten it till the oil flow stops.
Because it takes a while for the oil to stop comming out of the drain tube, idiots keep tightening it and the result is what you have.

I have replaced a few of these for that reason.
A bugger to replace because it is hard to get at and you have to either cut the spiggot off short or undo the 4 mounting bolts ( after removing both belts ) and raise the engine 1/2".

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
you should be able to get an impact driver into the slot.
Being thick it is easier to get a good grip on it and keep some pressure on it to prevent it slipping out.
A short ratchet with an impact head in it will also work.
A few drops of kerro on the bung will help no end.
There should be an O ring or rubber seal in the end of it which has most likely gotten sticky.
Like a water tap you only have to tighten it till the oil flow stops.
Because it takes a while for the oil to stop comming out of the drain tube, idiots keep tightening it and the result is what you have.

I have replaced a few of these for that reason.
A bugger to replace because it is hard to get at and you have to either cut the spiggot off short or undo the 4 mounting bolts ( after removing both belts ) and raise the engine 1/2".

Thank you for the reply. Mass, however, what size ratchet had to get because there are so many. I presume it's 1/2 inch ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for the reply. Mass, however, what size ratchet had to get because there are so many. I presume it's 1/2 inch ?

I use a 3/8" because it is smaller.
The cheap impact drivers ( come in a tin with 4 or 6 bits ) that you hit with a hammer are really cheap and usually will work because bring 1.5" thick, you cam wrap one hand around it to get a good turn with the other pushing down hard on the end to stop it jumping out of the slot.

Most of these have a detachable head which will be either 3/8" or 1/2" so you can pull the head off and slip it on your ratchet which I find convienant.
It also means that the head ( bit that holds the individual bits ) will also slip onto breaker bars, L handles etc etc.

Just about the only thing I don't do with my impacts is to hit them with a hammer as they were designed to do.

Blah114a

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a 3/8" because it is smaller.
The cheap impact drivers ( come in a tin with 4 or 6 bits ) that you hit with a hammer are really cheap and usually will work because bring 1.5" thick, you cam wrap one hand around it to get a good turn with the other pushing down hard on the end to stop it jumping out of the slot.

Most of these have a detachable head which will be either 3/8" or 1/2" so you can pull the head off and slip it on your ratchet which I find convienant.
It also means that the head ( bit that holds the individual bits ) will also slip onto breaker bars, L handles etc etc.

Just about the only thing I don't do with my impacts is to hit them with a hammer as they were designed to do.

Thank you very much for your replies thank you