2013 YT 3000 Craftsman Wiring and Goat Problems. :)

dustinsams

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Looking for some help matching up wiring after a hungry goat incident. I have matched up most of the wires to get the lawnmower back in shape. There are few that I want to make sure of before connecting.

I have a loose black and white wire that I am not sure where it needs to be plugged into. It was pretty clean on the end so I think it was pulled from harness someplace.

A couple of black wires that I want to make sure I am on the right path so I included pictures. I appreciate the help. Dustin20161117_163024.jpg20161117_163146.png20161117_162902.png

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Photo 1
You got it right
The black is the ground for the fuel shut off solenoid

Photo 2
The black wire should be the magneto cut off wire.
It will either go onto the 3 wire plug in photo 3 or had a stand alone plug that is gone.
The white wire should be the fuel solenoid power wire
Take the blower housing off & check.
Make triple sure that the black wire never ever sees voltage it must be ground with the engine off & open with the engine on.

Photo 3
Black & red should both go to alternator
White to fuel solenoid
Again take the blower housing off and check.

The red wire generally has a diode in it near the plug and the plain black wire takes AC to the lights.
You might have a small 2 pin plug missing along with the magneto single wire plug.
We both know where it is liable to be and how to look for it, but I doubt it will be worth using once it comes out.
The Black with white tracer looks like it will be the wire from the ignition to the magneto cut out, check as before, ground ignition off, open ignition on then it is the magneto wire.
You should be able to start the mower without the red & black wire connected, the white will have to be energised .
If you get AC at the red wire from the alternator you will have to install a diode on the red wire or you will cook the battery.

Last edited:

dustinsams

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks so much. I am loading up a better set of pics and I want to make sure I get it correct. Just to verify.

The black "ground" on the carb side is confusing me as well. So I took a better pic. Thanks for your time. Dustin

C connects to F
B connects to E
A connects to J
Do H and I connect?
Not sure where G goes.
Not sure where D goes.

Attachments

• 20161117_173930.jpg
    20161117_173930.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20161117_173957.jpg
    20161117_173957.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 20161117_174032.jpg
    20161117_174032.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As in the previous post, H & I get joined together.
G looks like the magneto kill wire, as in the previous reply, remove the blower housing and confire.
You blower housing is way overdue for removal by the looks of all the debris in the photos.
ALso I am fairly sure there are bits missing.
However you will need to post the actual mower model number and the full numbers off the engine otherwise you are just guessing.
And again, that blower housing needs to come off, I don't know why that seems to be a problem it is only 4 bolts ( 6 if you have a fuel pump ).
That dirt looks wet so good chance you have a blown head gasket or top oil seal.