New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm

awbooth

Threads
  • / New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm
Just purchased another Husqvarna YTH150, Serial# 051099D002889, ID# 95414007J, Product# 954-14-00-07
I will list the problems and hope someone has experienced similar issues:
Red and Black wires broken off carb. bolt that holds the carb. bowl on. I have never seen a carb. bolt with wires on it, very strange, no idea what that is???
2nd problem, the seat kill switch harness is missing the wires that are supposed to connected... I than found two green wires connected together with a wire nut... my guess, those two green wires are supposed to be hooked up to the safety kill switch under the seat...
3rd problem, fuel leaking around the seam of the fuel tank... any suggestions..?
I'm mostly concerned about finding the carb. plug solenoid if it's still available or can I bypass that plug with a regular carb bolt...
Thanks again!
Anthony

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm
Last edited:

awbooth

Threads
This may help, the engine is a kohler, Model CV15S, SERIAL # 28343C54C3.
I learned today that the fuel solenoid is no longer available to buy so the entire carb. has to be replaced.
Looks like I need part# 12853139-S.
Can't find it yet... all I know is the carb. eliminates the useless fuel solenoid. Any thoughts on where I can find the carb for a good deal?
Thanks!!
Anthony

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This may help, the engine is a kohler, Model CV15S, SERIAL # 28343C54C3.
I learned today that the fuel solenoid is no longer available to buy so the entire carb. has to be replaced.
Looks like I need part# 12853139-S.
Can't find it yet... all I know is the carb. eliminates the useless fuel solenoid. Any thoughts on where I can find the carb for a good deal?
Thanks!!
Anthony

Firstly replacing a EPA compliant carb with a non EPA compliant carb can lead to massive fines.
Second solenoids are available for just about every carb.
Check the aftermarket parts suppliers.
Stens do a dozen or more solenoids .

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Firstly replacing a EPA compliant carb with a non EPA compliant carb can lead to massive fines.

Not in the US outside of California. A consumer can do almost anything because we are exempt just repair shops have that problem.

Rocky J

Threads
Just purchased another Husqvarna YTH150, Serial# 051099D002889, ID# 95414007J, Product# 954-14-00-07
I will list the problems and hope someone has experienced similar issues:
Red and Black wires broken off carb. bolt that holds the carb. bowl on. I have never seen a carb. bolt with wires on it, very strange, no idea what that is???
2nd problem, the seat kill switch harness is missing the wires that are supposed to connected... I than found two green wires connected together with a wire nut... my guess, those two green wires are supposed to be hooked up to the safety kill switch under the seat...
3rd problem, fuel leaking around the seam of the fuel tank... any suggestions..?
I'm mostly concerned about finding the carb. plug solenoid if it's still available or can I bypass that plug with a regular carb bolt...
Thanks again!
Anthony
Sounds like you are working on the same junk I work on, I will tell you what I do and you do what you want . On the fuel solenoid I remove it and cut the stem with the rubber point off with cutting pliers and use it as a bolt like you wanted to buy. It must be junk anyway or you wouldn't be asking. The fuel tank stem, I cut it off flush with the tank bottom and drill the hole to 1/2 inch and use a bolt in style tire valve with the core removed. Stiff piece of wire long enough to go through the tank out the bottom drilled hole and pull it home, put the nut on, the thread on it act like a barb fitting. The seat wire twisted together is causing what problem ?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you are working on the same junk I work on, I will tell you what I do and you do what you want . On the fuel solenoid I remove it and cut the stem with the rubber point off with cutting pliers and use it as a bolt like you wanted to buy. It must be junk anyway or you wouldn't be asking. The fuel tank stem, I cut it off flush with the tank bottom and drill the hole to 1/2 inch and use a bolt in style tire valve with the core removed. Stiff piece of wire long enough to go through the tank out the bottom drilled hole and pull it home, put the nut on, the thread on it act like a barb fitting. The seat wire twisted together is causing what problem ?

With the seat switch wired together you can get off the mower while the blades and engine is going and kill or mame yourself or word someone else. This is in my opinion the only really needed safety switch. I don't care if you kill or mame yourself it is the someone else that should be taken into consideration.

Rocky J

Threads
Hi Bert : We only enforce two laws in the US , 1 No beer in the boat 2 and If you dont mow your yard they will mow it for you and put the bill x two on your property taxes. And You thought it was the time change and the election that had them upset LOL