New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm

awbooth

Threads
  • / New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm
I wanted to respond to everyone's post.
Thank you for everyone's input.
As far as changing carburetors, keep in mind the fuel solenoid is useless and I don't believe it has anything to do with emissions.
I have really dove into this project and would like to share some new info.
I was able to get the tractor running. However it runs like crap. It will only run with the choke on and it screams high idle style.
This is a real piece of junk. I've been out of work for sometime and I am pretty handy. I enjoy wrenching on all kinds of power equipment. I would like to strongly suggest not to buy any older husqvarna equipment.
I was told from a local power equipment shop that I will NOT be able to replace the fuel solenoid. Replacing the carb. is the only option. I cleaned the carb and tried to salvage the broken solenoid and just use it as a big bolt to hold the carb bowl on but the tractor runs awful.
I was able to re-install the wires that were wire nutted together under the seat back on the kill switch.
Nightmare of a machine, never again!

awbooth

Threads
  • / New Project.. YTH 150, Carb. solenoid, 2 wires on carb bowl bolt, very strange,problm
I ordered a new carburetor for the tractor. I installed the carburetor and the tractor started. The problem now is the idol is superhigh and the governor seems to have a problem. Does anyone know the procedure on properly adjusting the governor and or the idle for this particular tractor.