Ariens Lawn Tractor Quality or Lack of...?

Mac60

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 3 year old Ariens 936060 42" Lawn Tractor Mower, has been garage keep and running perfectly till last week when the seat fell off as I was cutting the grass, made me do a back flip, now I'm not a large fellow or fat bastard, only weigh 160 lbs but check out the frame that the seat mounts to its thin sheet metal with no metal frame support. This is Shocking how bad the quality is I can't imagine if I was heavier This would have broke in 6 months. Anyone one else have this issue, any advice.. except maybe never by an Ariens again.
Mike

Attachments

• P1060109.jpg
    P1060109.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 38

RDA.Lawns

Threads
That probably broke from not being thight enough

Mac60

Forum Newbie
Threads
That probably broke from not being thight enough

The bolts are still tight on the frame metal that ripped off the frame you can see them on the picture, just crap metal and no backer plate to give it strength, not made well and also very dangerous.
Just garbage product and company

Mike

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If the bolts are tight then its a bad design flaw

Mac60

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the bolts are tight then its a bad design flaw
Exactly a Design Flaw, No way this is acceptable design, I added a few more pictures you can see the bolts are tight not even a bit loose, they never moved, the metal is stuck in the middle. The really make me made because the Mower is in perfect shape, ran well, but now has no seat, I guess I could pay a metal fabricator to create a plate underneath the mower and weld a bolts assembly back on. Just a real crap design, Ariens has no reply, its out of warranty is all they say, Like I said Ariens products are garbage and No one should ever consider buying any of their products, Just real garbage

Attachments

• P1060112.jpg
    P1060112.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P1060109.jpg
    P1060109.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 19
  • P1060113.jpg
    P1060113.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 23

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ariens is still a family company so get back to them.
Bypass the dealer and sent a letter / email to them along with some photos of the mower, yourself and where you mow.
Couch the letter in a " this could be a public danger " manner not a "your product is junk" inference but it won't hurt to slip in a "I have always bought your products because they were well made and am deeply dissapointed with what has happened"

Good chance they will come to the party

Mac60

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ariens is still a family company so get back to them.
Bypass the dealer and sent a letter / email to them along with some photos of the mower, yourself and where you mow.
Couch the letter in a " this could be a public danger " manner not a "your product is junk" inference but it won't hurt to slip in a "I have always bought your products because they were well made and am deeply dissapointed with what has happened"

Good chance they will come to the party

Thanks for solid advice, I had a Ariens snow blower I bought 25 years ago ran it hard every winter, ran great and so reliable, was planning on buying another this year since my sears/toro couldn't hold a candle to the old Ariens, but after this experience I don't intend on looking another Ariens product.
Again Its hard to find any information on how to contact Ariens directly, they only talk to dealers.
Thanks for your solid advice

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When Stens, took over Bynorm down here a little while back, Peter Ariens was here for a long time to bed things down.
I met him briefly but long enough to see he was very concious about the brand name .
Write to any one and tell them what they make is garbage & you will get a negative result.
Start with a compliment, like your snow blower experience then go to dissapointment & potential danger and you get a very sympathetic response.

A basic negeoating skill that I am yet to fully master.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert hit it on the head, contact the

Consumer Relations Department
Ariens Company
655 West Ryan St.
Brillion WI. 54110

Include the following:

Unit model and serial numbers.
Date of purchase, copy of original receipt would be great if you have it.
Description of the problem.
Pictures are great.

Use your please help me voice, and don't come off demanding, it won't help. You are looking for a solution to fix the unit, so it can be used next season. You might be surprised at what happens.

tbarnett

Threads
May be wrong but all available info seems to reveal that Husqvarna builds the riding mowers for Ariens among other brand names.