Ariens Lawn Tractor Quality or Lack of...?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which means Peter Ariens will start jumping upon heads at AYP from a great height.
Husqvarna owns AYP
AYP make mowers under contract for other companies supposedly to the customers specification.

They did try to re-launch both Ariens & Gravely but that seemed to go nowhere down here and now they have sold distribution to All Power it is doomed to failure.

kburns

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you get it at HD? Is there a sticker on it that gives Husqvarna part numbers for the replacement belts? If so, it actually isn't an Ariens product, but is a rebadged Poulan made by AYP. I know this doesn't solve your problems, but it might be useful in your negotiations.

1982-4502

Threads
2012 and up 42 cut MTD, Husqvarna,Craftsman?????????????????

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Which means Peter Ariens will start jumping upon heads at AYP from a great height.
Husqvarna owns AYP
AYP make mowers under contract for other companies supposedly to the customers specification.

They did try to re-launch both Ariens & Gravely but that seemed to go nowhere down here and now they have sold distribution to All Power it is doomed to failure.

Who owns and makes what can be real confusing anymore. Now I'm not sure about this but I think the Ariens Lawn Mowers / tractors are made by Husqvarna Outdoor Products, which is owned by the Ariens Company which are primarily sold by Home Depot as of 2015. I think the Ariens Company makes the ZTR mowers and they sell them under the Ariens and Gravely name don't they? There commercial line is sold under the Gravely and Parker brands. I know I see them at the Gravely dealers for sale when I take the two Gravelys for service.

1982-4502

Threads
Who owns and makes what can be real confusing anymore. Now I'm not sure about this but I think the Ariens Lawn Mowers / tractors are made by Husqvarna Outdoor Products, which is owned by the Ariens Company which are primarily sold by Home Depot as of 2015. I think the Ariens Company makes the ZTR mowers and they sell them under the Ariens and Gravely name don't they? There commercial line is sold under the Gravely and Parker brands. I know I see them at the Gravely dealers for sale when I take the two Gravelys for service.

How right you are. lighter,too fall apart. throw away.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do any of you ever wonder what the OP did and if he followed up with Ariens? I guess it is just another example of members trying to help out, but the OP's never have the time to let if the info provided did any good. I did talk to my Ariens rep and he did say he had heard about a few seats which were mounted poorly (his words), but wouldn't say how they were resolved. We'll never know, will we.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How right you are. lighter,too fall apart. throw away.

Which mean Ariens will become the most successful small mower brand and the company will make millions because Joe public wants but but will not pay a reasonable price to get a quality product.
Why go broke trying to make & sell a top shelf product to sell to a bunch of lazy greedy idiots who want everything for free when you can make a motza selling the fools garbage ?

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I never understood why majority want a cheap product then cry because it won't last. A friend came over to my house today ranting about his pollen blower. I suggested he go buy a quality blower . he looked at one of my older blowers asked me what I paid for it .Told him around 5 or 6 hundred thought he was going to die of heart failure. My old blower is approximately 10 years old. I'm sure in the past 10 years he's bought 4 blower and spent more and used it less than my old dinosaur sthil . But you will never convince him of that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Which mean Ariens will become the most successful small mower brand and the company will make millions because Joe public wants but but will not pay a reasonable price to get a quality product.
Why go broke trying to make & sell a top shelf product to sell to a bunch of lazy greedy idiots who want everything for free when you can make a motza selling the fools garbage ?

Lets face facts, Ariens isn't the only one making the garbage for Joe Public, Most all the big manufacturers are doing the same thing. The problem with Joe Public is he doesn't know one mower from another and there isn't the first sales Rep or salesman that's going to tell them or explain the differences.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I never understood why majority want a cheap product then cry because it won't last. A friend came over to my house today ranting about his pollen blower. I suggested he go buy a quality blower . he looked at one of my older blowers asked me what I paid for it .Told him around 5 or 6 hundred thought he was going to die of heart failure. My old blower is approximately 10 years old. I'm sure in the past 10 years he's bought 4 blower and spent more and used it less than my old dinosaur sthil . But you will never convince him of that.

I know, I repair old equipment.
Almost no one will pay to get quality gear repaired despite it being 10 + years old.
They seem to think that the $200 one they buy now will last another 10 years because the $ 200 one they bought 20 years ago lasted forever.
Gave up argueing with them, or trying to make them see the light.
I now offer 1/2 what they paid for it originally , repair it then resell at a massive profit to people who do know how good the old stuff is.

Put a new barrel & piston on a Husky 55.
Took 2 Shindawa's & an Echo as payment.
Owner thought he got a bargan.
Sold one Shindawa for $ 800 , keeping the other.