Simplicity Prestige 4 wheel drive Main Drive Belt

gmash1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have a I think a 2010 Simplicity Prestige 4 wheel drive, power steering, with 50" deck. I had the main drive belt break, and am working on replacing this. There is a large spring on the idler pulleys and I was wondering if anyone knew what the other end of this attached to. Right now it was routed to a hole in the frame and it just doesn't look right due to its rubbing on a hydrostatic line. Could anyone confirm where this spring attaches? The parts breakdown doesn't do a very good job showing this.
IMG_1058 (1).jpgIMG_1062 (1).jpgIMG_1060.jpg

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
post your seven digit model number please

you can cut & wrap a small piece of old heater hose etc. & tie strap hose around hydraulic line to keep it from chafing on spring

gmash1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the response Mark. You noticed to it was cutting into that hydro line to, yes I was concerned about that, like your idea allot. This was from the spring hooked into a hole in the side frame.

Part Number is 2690680.

gmash1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mark,
I've seen that diagram and it does look like it hooks in the side frame and that's where I pulled it from. I was concerned it was incorrect seeing it was rubbing so badly on that hydro line. Guess I'm going to leave it like that and take your tip in covering it with some rubber tube. Thanks for the help!