Cub Cadet Decks

junior beasley

Forum Newbie
Threads
The deck on my cub cadet 42 inch ztr guard keeps coming off, on front and bottom of the deck keeps getting loose and the bolts fall out. Do I really need this guard?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to this fun space junior beasley..
"Do I really need this guard?" You are in the best position to answer that... Will it serve some purpose that may be helpful to you in the future? You can make that determination. Most guards have one or more purposes, tho usually they are to guard against future litigation.

If the nuts/bolts coming loose is the only problem you can fix that with a drip of lock-tite thread locker,
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/threadlockers.shtml
use the blue and you will have no problem removing it when you have to... KennyV

Jack

Forum Newbie
Threads
Or drill a small hole through the bold outside the nut and put a small cotter pin in it.
Jack

noma

Threads
Hi Junior Beasley

Or you could use a nylon lock nut on there its the one with plastic on the top part of the nut and then when you screw it on then the plastic part threads into the bolt and it doesn't come off on it own. But you can take it back off very easy . Get them at your hardware store you need to know what size bolt you have to get the right nut for them.

Attachments

• 102_0634.jpg
    102_0634.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 102_0636.jpg
    102_0636.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 4