Backpack Leaf Blower Advice Wanted

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put 3 hours yesterday and 2 hours today on my BR600. Bought it new in Sept 09.
I like how it idles down so I don't blow mulch and small stones as I'm doing leaf cleanup.
I use Stihl premium oil and 93 octane gasoline in all my Stihl power equipment.

OldMasterTech

Threads
I agree with Mad Mackie. If you have a ton of leaves your moving, go with the Stihl BR 600. I run two of them and they can't be beat. The BR 600 runs 677 CFM out with 238 mph at the tube. The weight is only 20.9lbs. They are what stihl calls a 4 mix engine, a 4 stroke which runs on a gas / oil mixture just like a 2 stroke.

Ditto, I also have two 600's and they move leaves, gravel (after I plow it from the drive into the lawn), snow, acorns and the German Sheperd.

sidemouse

Threads
Oh Stihl's come out with a br700!!!
I know what I'm buying real soon.

Way I see things when it comes to leaves, you can never have too much power.

stevestd

Threads
I have had a Stihl backpack blower (BR 700?) for 8 or so years with zero problems; and my hand held Stihl doesn't get used. Don't forget it is not the output speed which is important, but the volume of air it pushes.

sidemouse

Threads
I have had a Stihl backpack blower (BR 700?) for 8 or so years with zero problems; and my hand held Stihl doesn't get used. Don't forget it is not the output speed which is important, but the volume of air it pushes.

The 700 just came out, I bought one this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 13

stephan

Forum Newbie
Threads
My smallish Echo backpack bit the dust. Local shop recommended Stihl. The 450 seems too heavy. 350 better. Any other suggestions? The wife like Husqvarna based on Amazon comments.

hERE IS THE BEST OPTION _Husqvarna 965877502 350BT~ THE 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower with 2.1 HP X-Torq engine IS GOOD FOR HOME AS WELL AS PROFESSIONAL PURPOSES.

Aleks

Threads
Personally, I'm both hands for Poulan 48cc Backpack Blower ( it has been decently reviewed on gurureviewclub website). Tons of power and get the job done quick. I've had it for 3 seasons without any issues at all