Backpack Leaf Blower Advice Wanted

shacky

Threads
My smallish Echo backpack bit the dust. Local shop recommended Stihl. The 450 seems too heavy. 350 better. Any other suggestions? The wife like Husqvarna based on Amazon comments.

Last edited:

shacky

Threads
I don't think that will be enough oomph. I have a ton of trees/leaves.

primerbulb120

Threads
I would go with Husqvarna. I have the 125B handheld blower, I use it commercially and it's blown over 150 yards for me without a problem. Great power, lightweight and comfortable to use. The neighbor has a 125BT backpack, had it for several years with just one breakdown (starter rope broke.) He uses it to blow off driveway, sidewalks, roof and skateboard ramps on a regular basis. I've also read great reviews on the larger blowers and I intend to go Husqvarna for all my handheld equipment.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Stihl BR600 is the lightest weight with the most amount of airflow and being a 4 stroke, is quieter than most 2 stroke units.
Although is a 4 stroke, being a dry sump designed engine an oil mix is still needed.
When I bought the BR600, I soon retired the two Stihl hand held units that I had, they were Stihl BG 86 models.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think that will be enough oomph. I have a ton of trees/leaves.

I agree with Mad Mackie. If you have a ton of leaves your moving, go with the Stihl BR 600. I run two of them and they can't be beat. The BR 600 runs 677 CFM out with 238 mph at the tube. The weight is only 20.9lbs. They are what stihl calls a 4 mix engine, a 4 stroke which runs on a gas / oil mixture just like a 2 stroke.

Last edited:

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If you want a powerful blower. buy the Maruyama bl85 t its 900 cfm at 225 mph weighs about 22 pounds with real nice straps and back padding . I've used mine for over 6 hours straight and wasn't wore out from it. It also has the air share design so your back wont get sweaty Also has a 5 year warranty .

RDA.Lawns

Threads
If that's not big enough the new one available for next year is 1100 cfm I have one on preorder be here January the 12th :)

primerbulb120

Threads
Husqvarna 580BTS is 908 CFM at 206 MPH. 26 lbs.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I would go with Husqvarna. I have the 125B handheld blower, I use it commercially and it's blown over 150 yards for me without a problem. Great power, lightweight and comfortable to use. The neighbor has a 125BT backpack, had it for several years with just one breakdown (starter rope broke.) He uses it to blow off driveway, sidewalks, roof and skateboard ramps on a regular basis. I've also read great reviews on the larger blowers and I intend to go Husqvarna for all my handheld equipment.

Everyone has their opinion I have gone to all Maruyama can't beat the 5 year warranty . go look at what's available locally see what fits your needs best and buy from a reap able dealer ...my equipment gets used hours almost everyday my needs and yours aren't the same