float adjustment

viperv10

Threads
Can anyone tell me if you have to adjust the float or just just put a new one in and be ok. I replaced the float and needle and seat on a lawn boy v series
carb, but it still leaks gas out the filter breather box. Its a model 10304. Any help would be appreciated.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I'm not sure if the carb on a V is the same as a Duraforce, but the height of the float should be 1/2" from the bowl flange without the gasket (on a Duraforce).

Jeff

Tinkerer200

Threads
Install an inline fuel shutoff valve and use it when engine isn't running.

Walt Conner

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Typically, the upper/lower float surface will be parallel to the carburetor base just above it when adjusted within specs. Over the years I've found OEM parts to be on the money with no adjustment necessary. With the world market of today and every manufacturer claiming OEM there' no telling what you might find for adjustment out of the bag.

fabricgator

Threads
Round cork float with clear coating?
I think mine got eaten by the new fangeled gasoline and I could not get it to float anymore. I bought a new one ebay and it worked for a while, suspect same demise. I have my old, I am going to try to recoat with a thin epoxy after it is good and dried out.